Monday, June 24, 2013

Lady In The Water Movie

Year Released: 2006Rated: PG-13 (some scary scenes not suitable for small children)
Run Time: 1 hour and 50 minutes

Summary(imdb.com)
Apartment building superintendent Cleveland Heep rescues what he thinks is a young woman from the pool he maintains. When he discovers that she is actually a character from a bedtime story who is trying to make the journey back to her home, he works with his tenants to protect his new friend from the creatures that are determined to keep her in our world.

My Review:
"Lady In The Water" is a beautiful story, full of fantasy that inspires hope. M. Night Shyamalan created this movie around the idea that everyone and everything has a purpose in this life as well as the traditional concept of good vs. evil. I really believe that Story, the narf that the story is focused on, is simply an inspiring character, full of traits such as bravery, courage and wisdom that viewers will love. The only comment I have on this movie is the first time that I watched it, I was a bit confused with the storyline. It is one of those movies that you definitely have to pay attention to, and listen and follow the story or else you will be lost. I also strongly suggest that parents watch the movie first before deciding whether or not it will be suitable for your child. There were definitely parts that were a bit scary. I truly love this movie though, and I give it (*****) 5 stars.
PS: check out the book review here
-Sirenita The Selkie

No comments:

Post a Comment