Sunday, August 12, 2012

Ondine

Ondine

Rating: PG-13
Run Time:108 Minutes
Magnolia Film

Summary(IMDB.com):
The story of an Irish fisherman who discovers a woman in his fishing net who he believes to be a Selkie (a water nymph).

My Review: 
I really enjoyed watching this movie. The movie opens up with the beautiful scenery of Ireland, and calming beautiful music of the sea. This is when Ondine is pulled up out of the fisherman's net. There are not many selkie movies out there, and this is one of the few good ones. I like that for once, this is not the "typical mermaid falls in love and transforms into a human" type of movie. Ondine is a strong, passionate and beautiful character from start to finish. I think the only problem people will have with this movie is the accent was hard to understand at times, and it was hard to hear the dialogue at the beginning. Another problem I found with this movie is that the ending is very misleading. I think viewers will enjoy this movie, and I give it (*****) 5 stars.
-Sirenita The Selkie

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80HzX8UGEKM

No comments:

Post a Comment